Fishing in private lake
Learning the noble art of spin fishing is a great activity for all ages. Our professional nature guide with Sami heritage will be providing a totally private lake only for you, and all the equipment required, guiding you whilst fishing and serving hot sandwishes made over the fire. You have the chance to catch arctic char and perch. By the lake, there is a Sami grilling hut with a warming fire inside. Outside, in the autumn, you can find cloudberries, blueberries and lingonberries here.
- Activity length: aprox 3 hours
- Period: May-October (depending on when the winter ice melts or comes)
- Level: Easy
- Price: 2290 SEK/person, child under 12 year 50% discount, children under 3 years for free.
- Includes: private lake, fishing guide, equipment required, grilled warm lunch sandwishes with local delicacies and homemade pastry, beverages.
- Transfer from Harads is included.
- The ground close to the lake is wet, boots are recommended.
Moose safari by car
We go on forest roads in the area around Harads to search for the “king of beasts”. If we’re lucky we will also see other animals as fox, reindeers and forest birds.
- Activity length: 2,5 hours
- Level: Easy
- Min/Max persons: 2-4
- Price: 2190 SEK per person, children 3-12 years 50% of the price
- Includes: Experienced guide, drinks and snacks.
Nature hike in eco park (3 or 5 hours)
The hike with our Sami nature guide is always tailored to suit the experience level of the participants. Micke is a trained wildlife, fish and nature conservationist. You will get to learn more about tracking, flora and fauna as well as Sami culture during your hike. The hike leads up a mountainside, to a scenic vantage point, offering a view of vast forests and waters. You will also visit a beautiful forest lake and there will be many photo opportunities along the way.
During the 3 hours hike you will be treated to homemade Swedish fika (snacks/pastries and beverages), to keep your spirits and blood sugar high. On the 5 hours tour we make a lunch over the fire in a cozy grilling hut by our private lake where we can sit indoors or outdoors to eat.
- Min 2, max 4 persons
- 3 hours 2090 SEK/pers, 5 hours 2890 SEK/pers, children 3-12 years 50%.
- Acivity level: Easy to medium
- Included: Professional Sami nature guide, homemade pastries and bevearges.
Bear spotting in midnight light (not open right now)
According to old folk tales, the bear awakens and leaves its den around Tiburtius Day in mid-April. We serve the bears breakfast, in one of the most densely bear populated areas in the region. When the bear appears so does the midnight sun. This gives us 24 hours a day to spot brown bears in the beautiful surroundings of the Swedish Lapland forestland. In the area, we will also find foxes, martens, raccoon dogs, forest birds and breeding golden eagles.
Period: May-August, we announce here when we open. Level: Easy Min/Max persons: 2-6 Price: SEK 4125kr per person
Includes: meal, spotting guide, food during the spotting, breakfast, transfer
We start at 3 PM (local time) at Treehotel restaurant, a meal is served and we inform you about the activity. We head out to the hide and go inside around 5 PM. During the night, snacks and beverages including tea and coffee will be served. Each guest has their own photo opening and window, separate photo tables and height-adjustable chairs with footrests. The hide has an indoor bathroom and 6 beds. We have breakfast together in the morning and we leave around 10 AM day 2.
Please remember: The bear is picking up scent at a great distance so avoid perfume and aftershave
Your guide is Mikael Suorra, Hide & see. He is a genuine sami guide with lots of knowledge about the local nature and the wild animals.